COMPLETE YOUR DOCTORAL DEGREE AT THE INSTITUTE
We propose the SYSTEM OF DOCTORAL DEGREE COMPLETION AT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR SPATIAL POLICY AND HOUSING as a pathway to obtain a PhD degree for people interested in broadly understood issues related to regional development, spatial planning and urban policy within research and development projects implemented at the KIPPiM. Everyone accepted into the System is automatically employed at the KIPPiM for a full-time employment contract for the time needed to complete their PhD degree. Both KIPPiM staff and non-affiliated graduates of any Master’s degree are welcome to apply.
The purpose of the System is to provide particularly talented people with an opportunity to develop their passion and to support the development of Poland in the fields included the KIPPiM Statute.
The System is open to Master’s degree holders. The general condition of participation is that candidate’s research interests are consistent with subjects of the research work currently being carried out or planned in the near future in the KIPPiM. It is not possible to combine doctoral studies at any university with the participation in the System.
The System entry criteria:
1. Documented scientific achievements. The minimum requirement is to publish at least one scientific article in a journal presented in the list A or B provided by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education or a chapter in the peer-reviewed scientific monograph.
2. A statement that the candidate has no intention of linking his PhD thesis done at the KIPPiM to the doctoral studies at any higher education institution.
3. An application for admission to the System, curriculum vitae and a description of the current academic career and research interests.
The Institute provides financial resources for:
– participation in conferences and seminars,
– preparation of publication,
– qualifications rising.
In particular cases, a participant may apply for the KIPPiM Statutory Grant:
– Research mini-grants for scientific publications;
– Research mini-grants financed by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education for young researchers associated with the KIPPiM.;
– Financial reward of 2000PLN for the submission and acceptance of doctoral thesis;
– Financial reward of 5000PLN for the defence of doctoral thesis.
– Organisation of closed trainings in the field of scientific research (min. 1 per quarter);
– Organization of doctoral seminars at the KIPPiM – regular meetings which all participants of the System are required to attend;
– Assistance in obtaining a research project under which a doctoral thesis will be prepared. Research interests of a participant, a nature of the research work already conducted at the KIPPiM and currently available projects will be taken into consideration;
– Finding a promoter and auxiliary promoter if needed;
– One-time, one-month additional paid leave for finishing doctoral thesis (available after thesis acceptance);
– Possibility of participation in individual trainings and consultations concerning scientific publications preparation.